- Saturday | April 28, 2018 to Tuesday | May 1, 2018
- Cape May, NJ
Topic: Personal Projects & Portfolio Development
The goal of this workshop is to take no more than 8 students who feel they are creative, supportive, interesting, confident, accomplished, bright, dynamic and most of all fun to be with… to work together as a team, to inspire each other to build or expand existing portfolios, learn new techniques, stimulate creative potential and explore new ways of looking at your life and your work as an artist. The workshop is designed to bring a deeper understanding of your personal artistic point of view while helping you further define your photographic and artistic style.
We will begin with a few presentations to get us thinking and talking. We will collaborate on ideas and inspirations with daily brainstorming exercises, shooting excursions and assignments. Our shoots will be to Cape May’s majestic shores and historic architecture. These locations will provide great subject matter for visual expression and experimentation while viewing it with new eyes. During our discussions, we will identify existing skills while building sensory awareness and confidence. You will be encouraged to try new approaches and freely fulfill your goals and test out artistic styles that are perhaps new.
In order to have creative control over your portfolio, we will be discussing how technology fits into the package with both shooting techniques and post processing. Specific enhancements will be explored to creatively interpret concepts, challenge the imagination, build craftsmanship, and expand the potential of a final series of images.
Why this workshop is different? As photographers and artists, we have a lot in common and can benefit greatly by sharing our knowledge about our medium and life. We speak in the same voice. Sometimes we need inspiration to keep moving forward or to get a fresh start. I hope you can make it. It is going to be fun and invigorating. And yes, there will be wine.
Free Open Studio: A number of rooms with private baths are available for rent at the workshop cottage. They will also be available to extend your stay for the new free open studio sessions on May 2-3. These free sessions with both Nancy Ori and Heidi Sussman are only available to those staying at the cottage. I encourage early registration since all four workshops will have this opportunity & the number of rooms is limited. Other lodging locations are within walking distance to fit your budget & comfort needs.
Tuition Fee: $395.
- Arrival and Departure dates: April 28 arrivals and check in beginning at 3:30pm, with wine and cheese reception; departure May 1 at 5pm.
- More Info: 908-790-8820, email@example.com, nancyoriworkshops.com
- Payment to: email Nancy Ori for a registration form. Return with payment to: New Jersey Media Center, LLC at 124 Diamond Hill Road Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
- Cancellation: If you need to withdraw from the workshop, you must first inform us no later than 14 days prior to the first day of your workshop, and we will refund your tuition less a registration fee of $25. No refunds of any kind will be made for withdrawal within 14 days in advance of the first day of your workshop, during the workshop or for no-shows. This is a rain or shine event.