- Sunday | June 25, 2017
- 10:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Berkeley Heights, NJ
From File Organization to Effortless Manipulations with Andrew Darlow
Lightroom offers many powerful features, but without a good foundation and understanding of its tools, it’s easy to get frustrated. In this full day lecture and hands-on workshop, author and award-winning photographer Andrew Darlow will focus on helping you get the most from your images from start to finish. Here is a sampling of what will be covered:
Morning Session: Nuts and Bolts
- How to transition from other software (Picasa, iPhoto and Aperture) to Lightroom 6, or how to start with a new Lightroom program so that you can “unlock” your collection and easily see all your photos;
- An overview of how to import and organize your images effortlessly;
- How to use the Collections feature to easily edit and discard images, and create slideshows; and
- How to backup your files to the cloud (using a free service).
Afternoon Session: Creative Manipulations
- How to manipulate your photos so that they look their best. You will need to send some images in advance so we are ready to start looking at them in new ways. Andrew will be manipulating images for each participant to reveal hidden treasures. You will be amazed at the simple yet powerful thought process that can take your images from ordinary to extraordinary in a matter of minutes;
- How to create Presets so that you can apply the same adjustments to one or many images with the click of a button, and how to experiment with different options to create looks that will truly amaze us;
- How to create quality black and white and toned photos that look like they came from a darkroom;
- Tips for submitting files to contests, sharing images with family and friends, or sending to on-line photo labs for printing;
- How to sharpen appropriately so your photos really POP!; and
- Specific tips for creating beautiful effects with the various tools and brushes in the Develop Module.
Requirements: This is a beginner to intermediate level workshop. Some experience using Lightroom is recommended, but not required. Enrollment will be limited to only ten participants.
Both Mac and Windows users are welcome. A laptop is recommended but not required. Attendees will receive a binder filled with materials to follow along, take notes on and have for reference long after the workshop is over. We will receive numerous other links and goodies from selected manufacturers to help you move forward.
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION: 908-790-8820 or email Nancy Ori at: email@example.com. Directions will be sent upon registration.