In our paintings and photographs, our perception of the color is completely informed by the elements of composition and visual perception. This workshop teaches you how to understand these factors that are so integral to every composition, so that you can incorporate them into your own artwork. This workshop is unlike any you have taken before. You’ll be with artists who share the same passion about color and art as you, with a lovely camaraderie you will remember forever. It’s a fun, no-‐stress personalized and comprehensive exploration of color and how to use it in a complex composition. This workshop is for all artists who work with color every day, yet feel that there is more to learn.
In our workshop, we will:
- Live and breathe color and composition for a long weekend -‐ 3.5 days
- Visit and work in scenic Cape May: marshlands and beaches
- Discuss color relationships, composition elements that aﬀect color, visual perception, balance, and more!
- Critique use of color in paintings, photos, and slideshows
The workshop takes place in Howard’s End Cottage, a three story wood frame house, located two blocks from the beach and a ﬁve-‐minute walk to the center of Cape May. Accommodations at local B & B’s are plentiful in the area. Meals and accommodations are not included in tuition.
- Tuition Fee: $350.
- Arrival and Departure dates: Arrival-April 26 with wine and cheese reception from 3pm-5pm; Departure April 29th at 5pm
- More Info: 908-‐790-‐8820, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.nancyoriworkshops.com
- Payment to: New Jersey Media Center, LLC at 124 Diamond Hill Road Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922