Mastering Lightroom Workflow with Andrew Darlow
July 21 @ 10:30 am - 5:00 pm EDT$197.00
Lightroom offers many powerful features to get the most out of your images.
Get a good foundation & understanding of its tools without frustration.
Morning Session: Nuts and Bolts
- How to transition from other software (iPhoto, Aperture, ) to Lightroom 6/cc, & how to start with a new Lightroom program so that you can “unlock” your collection & see all your photos;
- Overview of how to import and organize your images effortlessly, including storage options/setup;
- How to use the Collections feature to easily edit and discard images, and create slideshows; and
- How to backup your files to the cloud (using a free service).
Afternoon Session: Creative Manipulations
- How to manipulate your photos so that they look their You will be amazed at the simple thought process that can take your images from ordinary to extraordinary in a matter of minutes;
- How to create Presets so that you can apply the same adjustments to one or many images with the click of a button, and how to experiment with different options to create looks that will truly amaze;
- How to create quality black and white and toned photos that look like they came from a darkroom;
- Tips for submitting to contests, sharing images, or sending to on-line photo labs for printing;
- How to sharpen appropriately so your photos really POP!; and
- Specific tips for creating beautiful effects with the various tools and brushes in the Develop Module.
Requirements: This is a beginner to intermediate level workshop. Both Mac and Windows users are welcome. A laptop is recommended but not required. Some experience with Lightroom is recommended, but not required. Enrollment is limited to ten participants. Attendees will receive a binder filled with materials to follow along, take notes on and have for reference long after the workshop is over. You will also receive numerous other links and goodies from selected manufacturers to help you move forward.
is a photographer, writer, digital imaging consultant, & editor of ImagingBuffet.com, an online magazine & podcast. His work was featured in numerous magazines & websites, including Photo District News, Popular Photography, Rangefinder, and Studio Photography. For more than 20 years, he has taught thousands how to improve their photography conferences, industry events, and educational institutions, including the PDN PhotoPlus Expo, the Arles Photo Festival (Arles, France), the School of Visual Arts and the International Center of Photography in New York. His award-winning book, 301 Inkjet Tips and Techniques: An Essential Printing Resource for Photographers, is a resource that covers many aspects of digital printmaking. His newest book is Focus and Filter, which covers photo tips and techniques from his time as a Pro photographer, educator and consultant. For free Lightroom videos and updates on Andrew’s workshops, visit www.imagingbuffet.com/newsletter.
Location: Berkeley Heights
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION: 908-790-8820 or email Nancy Ori at: email@example.com. Directions will be sent upon registration.